I met Irina in Paris many many years ago when doing a test fashion shoot for City Models.
Irina was absolutely fantastic and creative too, here are a few facts about her:
- After winning a Moscow beauty contest, Irina moved to Paris. However, it took her 3 years to get a US work visa which seriously hindered her career.
- Irina appeared in the film ‘Mortal Kombat – Annihilation’ and has an autobiography called ‘Siberian Dream’.
- She was the first Asian model to appear in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit.
- She appeared in the 1997 Pirelli Calendar.
- Irina now designs her own jewelry line called “Irina” in New York City.